Plastic-free | Zero waste | Cruelty-free | Vegan | Sustainable materials
Purify your drinking water without wasteful plastic filters. These simple pieces of bamboo charcoal absorb impurities, like chlorine and chloramines, from drinking water.
There are 4 pieces in a pack, which is ideal for a 1 litre jug of water. See “Directions” for full instructions.
They’re compostable at the end of their life, but even better, they’re reusable! After 2 months of use, you can place them in kitchen and bathroom corners to prevent mould, in the fridge to keep produce fresh, to remove smells from your fridge or bathroom, and to remove moisture from damp areas.
Materials: Bamboo charcoal
Packaging: Cotton bag, natural string, paper label.
Shorebox’s packaging is 100% plastic-free. We use recycled cardboard boxes, recycled paper stuffing, and paper tape.
Use approx: 1 litre jug = 3 – 4 pieces; 2 litre jug = 6 – 8 pieces
1. Wash in running water to remove powder (do not use detergent).
2. Boil for 10 mins in a pan of water to sterilise & allow to cool and dry.
3. Place in a jug and fill with tap water (charcoal may float when new but it will tend to sink after a week or so of use).
4. Leave for 8 hours or more for best results. You can leave it in the fridge to chill if you like. It’s then ready to drink.
5. Re-sterilise once a week by repeating step 2.
6. Replace with new charcoal after 2 months approx.
Eco Living is committed to doing the least harm to the environment. It is carbon neutral and plants trees through Eden Reforestation Projects for the purpose of reforestation, agroforestry and reducing extreme poverty through the employment of local villagers.
Eco Living is also a member of 1% for the Planet, a global network of businesses, nonprofits and individuals working together for a healthy planet.
© 2019 Shorebox Ltd.